Views: 216 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2023-08-14 Origin: Site
The 18650 battery is the progenitor of lithium-ion batteries - a common lithium-ion battery model established by Japan's SONY corporation to save money. 18 indicates a diameter of 18mm, 65 indicates a length of 65mm, and 0 indicates a cylindrical battery. 18650 denotes a diameter of 18 mm and a length of 65 mm.
The normal voltage of a lithium-ion battery is 3.7 volts, and the charge cut-off voltage is 4.2 volts. The nominal voltage of a lithium iron phosphate battery is 3.2 volts, and the charge cut-off voltage is 3.6 volts. The capacity is typically 1200mAh-3350mAh, and the common capacity is 2200mAh-2600mAh. The theoretical life of an 18650 lithium battery is 1000 charging cycles.
Because of its high capacity per unit density, 18650 lithium batteries are commonly utilized in laptop batteries. Furthermore, because of its excellent work stability, 18650 is widely used in a variety of electronic fields, including high-end strong light Flashlights, portable power supplies, wireless data transmitters, electric thermal clothing, shoes, portable instruments, portable lighting equipment, portable printers, industrial instruments, medical instruments, and so on.
Lithium batteries are classified as 3.7V or 4.2V. It's only that the labeling from the manufacturer differs. The platform voltage (i.e. usual voltage) at which the battery discharges during operation is 3.7V, whereas the voltage at full charge is 4.2V.
The voltage range of popular rechargeable 18650 lithium batteries is 3.6 or 3.7V, and when completely charged, it is 4.2V, which has little to do with battery capacity. The mainstream capacity of 18650 batteries varies from 1800mAh to 2600mAh (most 18650 power batteries have capacities ranging from 2200 to 2600mAh), and the mainstream capacity may even reach 3500mAh or 4000mAh or more.
It is widely assumed that if a lithium battery's no-load voltage falls below 3.0V, it is deemed exhausted (the particular figure relies on the battery protection board's threshold value, which might be as low as 2.8V or as high as 3.2V).
Most lithium batteries cannot be discharged with an unloaded voltage less than 3.2V, as this will damage the battery (most lithium batteries on the market are only used with protective plates, so excessive discharge can also cause the protective plates to not detect the battery and thus cannot charge the battery). The highest limiting voltage for battery charging is 4.2V. It is often assumed that charging a lithium battery's no-load voltage to 4.2V is considered completely charged. During the charging procedure, the battery voltage progressively rises from 3.7V to 4.2V. Lithium battery charging cannot charge the no-load voltage beyond 4.2V; else, the battery will be damaged.
1. The capacity of a big 18650 lithium battery is typically between 1200mah and 3600mah, but the capacity of a standard battery is usually approximately 800mah. When coupled into an 18650 lithium battery pack, the battery pack's capacity easily exceeds 5000mah.
2. Long life expectancy 18650 lithium batteries have a long lifespan, with a cycle life of more than 500 times under typical usage, which is more than double that of standard batteries.
3. Excellent safety performance The 18650 lithium battery provides a high level of safety. The positive and negative poles of the 18650 lithium battery are separated to prevent battery short circuits. As a result, the probability of a short circuit happening in it has been greatly minimized.
A protection board can be fitted to prevent the battery from being overcharged or discharged, hence extending its service life.
4. The voltage of 18650 lithium batteries ranges from 3.6V to 4.2V, which is significantly greater than the 1.2V voltage of nickel cadmium and nickel hydrogen batteries.
5. Because there is no memory effect, there is no need to discharge the remaining power before charging, making it easier to use.
6. Polymer cells with low internal resistance have lower interior resistance than typical liquid cells. The internal resistance of domestic polymer cells can even go below 35m, significantly lowering the battery's own consumption.